The Web Developer is responsible for the technical implementation and maintenance of web/online projects. The Web Developer provides front-line support, routine maintenance and upgrades. The Web Developer works closely with the Web Design and Content team answering technical questions, troubleshooting issues and providing code
- Develop web pages, functionality and services for montereybayaquarium.org and seafoodwatch,org
- Support the development of resident apps by vendors.
- Integrate with third-party technologies using their APIs. This includes but is not limited to ecommerce, social, and enterprise solutions.
- Demonstrate that code is working by writing Unit tests early in the development process.
- Support the web team by answering technical questions, troubleshooting issues and providing code.
- Develop new functionality and web pages using the Sitecore CMS
- Perform on-going clean-up of legacy code and ensure that the website is rendering well on all major devices / web browsers.
- Ensure that all bugs discovered by the QA Engineer are resolved in a timely manner.
- Retro-actively roll out code changes across the website and document changes / standards.
- Write Unit tests for legacy code
- Complete infrastructure projects in collaboration with the Web Technical team
- B.S. degree in computer science, or equivalent training or experience
- 1+ year professional experience developing web applications using ASP.NET and C#.
- Experience developing with the Sitecore CMS. Sitecore Developer Certification is a plus.
- Good database design skills, writing stored procedures and database triggers.
- Positive attitude and a team player.
- EXPERT at problem-solving, research and collaboration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent at thoroughly completing assigned tasks; attention to detail.
- Commitment to support the aquarium's mission.
- Experience with Windows Azure is desired.
- Professional experience maintaining web infrastructure: IIS Web Server, MS SQL Database Server, Windows Server, and Windows Azure.
- Experience with source control systems such as Git, Mercurial, and Subversion.
- Experience with the Atlassian product stack (JIRA, Bamboo, Confluence) is desired.
|Posted on||Apr 8, 2014|
|Work type(s)||Regular, Full Time|
|More details (document)|